.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Absinthe

is absinthe really bad for you in small quantities ?

I found how to make it, but others claim that you cant get it to work this way due to 80 proof not being able to leach the active chemicals out of the wormwood.

Absinthe
Ingredients:

* 1 pint Vodka
* 2 tsp Wormwood, crumbled
* 2 tsp crumbled Anise seeds
* 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
* 4 Cardamom pods
* 1/2 tsp Coriander, ground
* 2 tsp Angelica root, chopped

Mixing instructions:
Steep wormwood in vodka for 48 hours. Remove, add the rest and steep for one week. Age.

Comments:
I was in a class with this lady once. She was an ex-patriated Brit and still had the accent. ANYWAY, we were studying Paris early this century and got to absinthe and everyone was saying how bad it was for you. I knew it was bad, but I wanted to know what it did. So I said "What does absinthe do, anyway?" and this lady goes "It rrrrrots the brain!" Crazy bitch.
 
I had something similar once that made me see orange checkerboards everywhere. It came from eastern europe.
 
Leigh Anne, I have heard that wasn't you at all. It was your HUSBAND, Rob.
 
checkerboards ?
interesting
last time I had wormwood I was ill for the whole night, when I did sleep (on the bathroom floor) I had the most wonderfull dreams.
all I had was one tiny leaf, that is why I wanted to try the more safe version.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?