.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

months

ok, I was a little annoyed at the months, they have numbers and names.
I see the only point to that is confusion.
the people that came up with the months used numbers only
dec is latin for 10
oct is latin for 8
ect...
then they named a few months after people, others much later added 2 months
so now it is all messed up, december means the 10th month, when it is now the 12th month
I say we get rid of the messed up names and go back to the original idea of naming them regular numbers, I have already started, I know that it is the 8th month, but have no idea what its other useless name is.
join me in my quest to eliminate the current usless second names for the months.

Comments:
You damned fool! The Babylonians counted using base eight. So they would have only been able to name up to August. What makes you think you are better than them?!
 
Sorry for calling you a damned fool, you damned fool. Maybe we could do like the Mayans and name the months after animals. Like "Panther" and "Jaguar."
 
oh my goodness, the mayans had a 19 month calendar with an extra 5-day month to make up the remainder.
 
METRIC MONTHS! Metric days of the week too.
 
how do metric months and days work ?
 
Duh, divide time so that it's always a power of 10. 1 year = 10 deciyears = 100 centiyears = 1000 milliyears. 1 kiloyears = 100 years. You do the conversion to hours, minutes, seconds.
 
I can just see a sign on someones door , be back in 5 microyears.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?