.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 09, 2005

 

consumeristic people

How do you convert someone to want to consume products ?
I started small, then worked my way up to bigger things.
I got started by using shopping as a method to get over trauma.
you pick something small and want it for a while, then go get it, the ideal time range to go for is about 35 min. to about 3 hours. That is what I call the happy emotional time range.
if someone is stable and happy and have no want to go shopping, how do you get them to become a bigger part of the economy?
it is patriotic to be a good consumer. That might work on some people, but there must be better ways.
leave comments for suggestions.
I am also curious what has worked for you in the past in this area.

Comments:
as long as it's cheese you're buying and not converse all stars.
 
Adam, you were in my dream last night. A bunch of people and I went to your place for dinner, but then I had to take off early to drive a truck tank somewhere for some reason. You had some wine and I remember thinking as I drove the tank that I should pull over and buy some more.

Anyway, let's see a "dream" post.

I'll talk about consumerism in a minute.
 
I buy very little. I keep the economy rolling with food and drink. Otherwise, I spend maybe 40$ every other month on a movie, a comic book, or a dvd. I don't buy many things at all, and the things I do buy tend to be second-hand. I am a cheap-o, I guess.
 
second hand, that is not refering to the food and drink, right?
I am always worried that used items will have some ghost haunting them.
 
Valid point, but you shouldn't worry. If it is a spirit you should worry about, it'll make itself known the minute you pick it up. Well within your Happy Emotional Range.
 
And it's not second hand food... unless you count the (closed) bag of chips I found in the dumpster.
 
once the ghost has found you, sometimes it can hard to get rid of, but you right, you can feel it.
I got some small dishes that are perfect for one scoop of ice cream, every time I pick them up it feels wierd, but I cant quite place why.
second hand food, new and in a sealed container is most likley fine, I watched ron and mat eat bread from the dumpster yesterday that was in a sealed container.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?