.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 14, 2005

 

weekend fun

Ok, over the weekend I went to a chirch and a bar, they were borring.
first friday night.
I went to the melodee cocktail lounge
I was asked what I wanted when I went in, I said I was considering a martini or a margarita.
the bartender said that she made them both very well.
so I asked for a margarita.
it was the worst I have ever had.
the old people on my left were talking about the racoons, then prescription drug costs, then the
credit card mess up with the union 76 gas station.
the older ladies to my right talked about some one coming to visit the entire time.
I was there 20 min.
this place was depressing.
if you want a scene bring more than you need with you, this place will zap at least some of it.
and order simple drinks that can't be messed up, like something out of a can.

now sunday morning.
I went to st. john the babtist curch on san pablo ave, the 11am showing.
so I sat down in the back.
I was asked to be a part of a presession carying flags, someone else got my seat in the very back while I was away. then they told a parable about servants being given money and the master went away, the 2 servants had invested it and gave the master 2 times what they had been given to start. the last servent had kept the money safe and returned it without intrest, so the master sent that servant to die.
this pissed me off to a large degree, first the story asumes that masters are better than the servents for no reason, second the last servant did not steal, the punishment was way to large for some one that had no traning, the master did not make it clear what was expected of them before he left.
the master was very evil and was not punished.
I am not going back till the storys are updated...

any sugestions for where to go have fun.
I was thinking of working at a soup kitchen...

Comments:
The story I remember my dad getting 'bothered' about was the one where this landowner hires three guys to do some field work. Two of the guys bust their asses, the third sleeps under a tree all day. At the end of the day the landowner pays them all the same amount. The first two guys complain, saying the third didn't do any work. The landowner says something like "As you are all equal in God's eyes, you are equal in mine" or something like that.

The next day the two guys asked 600 of their cousins over and they all had a nice rest in the field. At the end of the day the landowner had to pay them all for a day's work and ended up going bankrupt, leaving Judea, and becoming a Buddhist monk. Moral of the story: Look before you creep.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?