.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

2.5 million years

That is how long people have been around.
I know some people ague about this date, but people have been modern for at least 1.6 million years.
what have they been doing all this time?
I was reading Gilgamesh (a 5000 year old story) last night and in the story
the inn keeper says that no one has crossed the lake of death (an acid lake) since ancient times.
so they find a guy with a boat that is described with what could only be outboard motors.
so, I find myself wondering what people did back then.
the first cites in Mesopotamia claim to have been raided by comparatively high tech pirates, that were eventually all killed, but we can't find any evidence of an advanced city the pirates may have had, everything from then we find is pretty much made of dirt.
anyone know of a good book that tells of this time period, experts tell me that one is not out there.

Comments:
What experts?! Psh! You need to talk to me, I've read the Epic of Gilgamesh and Enkidu. What edition do you have, the Naybor/Ramsbottom translation, or the Klein dissertation?

I've also seen the Star Trek episode where Capt. Picard recites it.
 
I was talking about the history of the people not the story itself
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?