.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 20, 2006

 

calcium carbonate

I had been brushing my teeth with arm & hammer baking soda tooth powder, and when I went to get more of it last week I found that it was not in any store, so I called the 800 number on the package, and the automated system told me that it was discontinued.
so after much looking into it I found that calcium carbonate (precipitated chalk) was the main ingredient in the old formulas from 100 years ago, so I got some (at a brewery supply store), and tried it.
it works well all on its own, but it is kind of chalky tasting.
I posted this on the wrong blog the first time.

Comments:
Why is this on your lunch blog? You should move it to your other blog or else Dan will probably complain.
 
ok, mooved, I can't immagine why I put it in the wrong spot.
 
Man, Dan couldn't stop bitching yesterday.

Adam, I read a kid's story years ago where this boy and girl make and sell their own toothpaste. I think they used a little mint for flavor/breath freshening.
 
most of the ones I have seen covering up the flavor is the biggest part, but it is really not that bad and I am almost use to it now.
 
Please, Adam... for all our sakes... but some mint in it.
 
I have got mint growing in the back yard, I really do not know how to get it in easy, you are suppose to dissolve all the ingredients in pure alcohol, then mix and dry and make it into a powder again, that is just way to much work for some mint flavor.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?