.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Color

so I colored my hair and 2.5 days later I started having an allergic reaction to it.
I tried to figure out how to fix it.
I finally got through to the people that made it and they told me 2 things that I thought might help.
first is that the dye I used is on the outside of the hair.
the next thing they told me to do is to see a doctor, they even said that they would pay for it.
I knew that the doctor would have me do the safe thing and cut my hair off, but I like my hair.
so keeping in mind that it was only on the outside, I washed my hair, alternately with Ajax, sunlight, and bar soap, then dried my hair, then did it all again, I just kept doing this, it was not until I added washing it in vinegar that I had to stop, the vinegar hurt really bad.
no more of the color washes down the drain when I wash my hair, so I think I am fine.
my skin is still hurting, but in strange places, like my hands and feet.
the benadryl helped with the pain, but but not as much as I would have liked.

so, I guess I can't experiment with new things, even if I do it on a weekend so I have a whole day to fix it if something goes wrong.

so, my advice to others is not to try new things if your life sucks from allergies.

and I found out that I don't think well when in pain for extended lengths of time.
while I was washing everything in my apartment, I cleaned my laptop computer, I like how clean it looks.
tonight it is carpet cleaning day, maybe more warm blankets as well.

Comments:
You wouldn't have had a reaction two plus days later. Some dye is caustic and you would have felt it right away. I think you had a coincidental or psychosomatic reaction. The pain comes from washing your hair with AJAX, idiot. What does it say on an Ajax bottle... 'avoid prolonged contact with skin?' And you massage it into your scalp REPEATEDLY?!! I mean, really now.

Signed,

Disgusted in Denver
 
Hey! When I saw you on Friday your hair looked different to me. Now I know why. That's a good color on you.
 
I just think the whole thing is really funny now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?