.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

from my former website

What to do in an apocalypse?

I was thinking about what I would do if anything really bad happened with the weather, or something like that was bad enough to permanently hurt the infrastructure of this place I live in, to the point that I would have to grow my own food to live.

I can survive by myself, but what is the point? Separation of skills works well, for example, cooking food for yourself takes time, cooking for two takes about the same amount of time.

You really need to do that sort of thing in a small community. My question is how to find such a group of people that would want to do that?

I am putting this on the net, trusting that others will find it, and join.

I know lots about technology, and how to recreate it from basic things.

I have a short-wave radio transmitter and plan on contacting others after such an event, but it would be nice to have a good plan before anything happens, if anything ever happens.

I was thinking of meeting on 6.955 MHz I will use AM at first, (I know SSB uses less power, and that might be a factor) at sunrise and sundown on the first day of the month after something happened.

My main reason for picking the times is that I can remember it.

Why 6.955 ? , that is the pirate radio frequency of choice, and I know people that listen.

What kind of people am I looking for?

All kinds.

For this sort of thing to work you need families, and skilled people of all sorts.

Money or social status will make no difference, just the will to live through anything.

So, contact me and we can spend a few minutes planning, and have some hope that normal people will live through bad times, not just some religious groups.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?