.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

from my former website

the color of religion

this was caused by a conversation I was having with someone.

we were talking about prayer.

they said yea, yea, I know, many paths to the same point.

my response was, no, it is one path to one place.

here is my analogy.


one person sees the way, one listens, one smells, one feels the way, some get others to carry them, some drag weights behind them, some follow a map, some drive, some walk, some spend a few min., some spend many lives, some go straight, some wander for it, some wear sunglasses, some have night vision, but

they all end up at the same place, and they all came down the same street to do it.

sure it felt different on the way for each method, but it was still the same path.


ancient people knew there is one path to one place as far as religion.

religion is a useful tool, and is color less.

like ink on the pages of a book the colorless text is hard to read, the color makes no difference to the text, but you need the color in order to read it, but people got wrapped up in the color and forgot why it really works.


I know the path and see it clearly, I know the destination and have been there many times.

I just want someone to talk to and hold hands with along the way.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?