.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

car problem solved

I have had some strange noises coming from the rear of my car, mostly when I accelerate or break,
it has been going on for a bout 6 months now,
tracing down the problem had led me no where, but it was getting worse.
when I helped Erik move on sunday it was really bad with my car loaded down with books.
I thought my car was really breaking, but I have checked every bolt there is in the suspension,
I was looking to see what was falling off my car when I spotted that the rear springs had a plastic cover wrapped very tightly around the first few coils, and that covering had come off,
it was just the spring rubbing on the next coil of the spring. I am sure they put it there because it was noisy by design.
I feel so silly, all worried over not much, but the car still needs new struts, and breaks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?