.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

what would I take...

from my blog commnets....
"3. If your house was on fire and you managed to get every living thing out (family or pets) and you only had time to grab three items, what would they be and why?:"


first,
my favorite weapons because they are hard to replace.
next,
the container with my car keys wallet and cash so that I could drive away from the mess.
last,
I would take the electroplating supplies because they are very very toxic and may be bad for firefighters.
but,
if I could just toss that last one outside and get something else it would be my shortwave transceiver.

but in all fairness, I can get a large amount of my things out of my apartment in 2 min. I have timed myself for all the critical things, I have things on carts ready to pull outside.

Comments:
I also want my solar panel and my small 12V battery

everyone make sure to leave the things you would take as comments !
 
I don't think you answered fairly. You can't say "my favorite weapons." You can take your sword, your nunchuks, and your mace, but that would be it. I will let the cannister with all those things in it slide because that is one item (emergency kit).

And you can't keep naming things!!! Forget the solar panel and 12V battery. You ONLY GET THREE THINGS!!!

Here are mine:

my laptop (I have a lot of work on there I cannot replace easily)

a painting my mom painted when she was pregnant with me

That's all I can think of. Everything else could be replaced.
 
ok, fine
I would take

assume I had my car keys on me and they dont count.

the reference to my favorite weapons is referring to one of them, but I will not name it here.

I want my seed collection
because I really like it and it would be very hard to replace.

my shortwave transceiver,
because I would need entertainment if I was homeless.

besides, your question is only good if some one is holding a gun at you and telling you that you can only have 3 things,
usually in a fire it is what you can get to (in the rooms not on fire) in a short amount of time and limited by what you can carry in one trip.
 
these questions are always have unfair conditions. i could carry more than 3 thing too.. but i will play by the rules.

my journal
my grandma's photoalbum (old black and white photos of our family move from NY to CA)
my favorite sweater


-cb
 
This is fun! I would take some similar things. 1. my journal 2. my crossbow (and arrows they count as one thing right?) 3. my 'best friend'
 
Hillary,
that is the best list ever,

it makes me think of how my crossbow has been neglected after I had a ricochet bolt go through my favorite shirt during indoor target practice.
 
every ones list is really good, I will post another question tonight, but until then more people should answer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?