.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 27, 2007

 

my first radio contact

So,
I spent all night trying to make a radio contact, first to a friend near by,
it was just not happening,
so I got my shortwave radio out,
and spent a really long time trying to figure out the correct sideband to listen to.
then I found a clear voice calling on 7.232Hz LSB
"k7zsd dx contest 7058 and my frequency"
it kind of confused me, but I tried to say hi anyway,
he did not here me.
so, I turned up my power to high ( 100W)
then he could here me some,
so then I turned on my power supply in addition to the battery
then he could here me clear and the lights did not dim on the radio when I talked.
he replied with my call sign and the numbers 5 9 30 ?
maybe that last number was a 3, I am not sure.
I thought it was fun
then I found his website (http://www.k7zsd.com/index.htm)to see how far away he was
and it turned out to be
25 miles NW of Portland, Oregon
that is not even in california !
this post is dated with the exact time and date of contact.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?