.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 26, 2007

 

the demise of logic

the demise of logic
any one remember logic ?
they use to teach it a a subject in school
now it is generally not seen as something useful.
the scientific process is also falling,

remember when one scientist would prove something...
and they would be right because they would use the "scientific process"

now people are trying to see how much they can skew the data to show what they want,
20 years ago you would have never seen the news say, "95% of scientist believe that ..."
no one use to care what they believe, only what they can prove.

it is just amazing to watch almost everyone forget that logic ever existed.
its really useful in your personal life, it is really useful in your government and that relates back to your personal life.

did you know that there are courses in "vernacular logic" to teach people how to manipulate you ?
don't be a victim, learn accurate logic.

so, go learn good some logic, or if you already know it, then go teach it to others.
and don't let others (especially news sources) get away with bad logic without making them realize that they are using bad logic.

Labels:


Comments:
wow great post. i have often wondered the same thing it bothers me how people use numbers to suit their agendas. any links for good sites that teach you how to learn good logic?
 
I had a book that I got in college on logic it was really good, but my sister wanted it, so I gave it to her, it was a photocopy of a book that had been out of print for years, I might be able to get it back and post it on the web.

I have not seen anything on the web so far.
I wrote something on design that might teach a part of it.
http://spacecase0.blogspot.com/2006/12/from-my-former-web-site.html

I will look and post more comments when I find something.

I can't seem to leave you a message, your profile is marked as private, so you will have to check here for an update.
if you leave a comment here it will email me.

thank you for being interested.
 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EP2MS4/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2ZSDVOOEFC2XC&colid=7HNPA7KPQ6TA
I think this is the book I was thinking of,

it is called
Clear Thinking for Composition
by Ray Kytle
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?