.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 27, 2009

 

mobile kitchen cart with sink, water tank, and pump added

ok, so I got a kitchen cart,
here is what it should look like when put it together as they say you should.

but I wanted a sink with an independent water system installed in it, so I got some more parts.

my favorite part is the hand pump

I then assembled the cart,
it comes packed flat.

and here it is assembled with my stove and other junk on it.

now time to cut a hole in it and install the sink.

and install the water fill port.

and the rest of the plumbing, I decided to make it drain into a trash bin as there was not much room left for anything bigger and it will be easy to water my plants with the waste water.

here is a close up of the one way valve that makes sure that the water does not go back into the tank when it is not pumping

and a close up shot of the screen to keep bugs out of my vent tube, and if it ever over flows, it will drain into the bin that is used for my drain.

and here it is all done, with my stove packed up on the bottom shelf
yay !

it sure was quite a bit of work,
but now I have 9 gallons of water on tap that is not connected to the city water at all, it rolls around easy,
and it is cute.

next I will be setting up my mini water treatment system to fill it up with, but I am still waiting for parts on that one.

Comments:
I love it!
this is exactly what I've been looking for at our house!
 
I am glad that you like it,
you should build one,

I ended up switching to an electric pump that runs off of 8 AA batteries,
it is way easier to use now.
 
Great story with snaps

Excellent procedure to solve personal water problem

Hope to see more water tanks stories from your side
 
I'd like to do this - did you buy all of the parts at a local hardware or Home Depot, or are they special order (including the battery-operated pump)? This looks great, thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?